Taylor Fladgate, accepted by most wine authorities to be the greatest of all port shippers invites you to an exciting and informative tour of its famous lodges at Vila Nova de Gaia.
Taylor Fladgate's Visitors' Centre - 360º Photo
Taylor's Visitors' Centre - Spherical Image - RICOH THETA
Taylor Fladgate, now in its fourth century, recently renovated its 300 year old Cellars to incorporate a modern and innovative museum circuit. The story of Port wine and Taylor Fladgate is now told through an extensive audio-guided visit, available in eleven languages, (English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Danish, Mandarin, Dutch and Korean) which will take you on a vivid tour of the Lodge that includes an array of films, images, exhibits, photographs and paintings.
The visitor is given the opportunity to journey into the past and learn about the history of Port wine and its production today, the Douro Valley and the house of Taylor Fladgate, its past, present and its wealth of exceptional Ports.
In addition to the two wines included on the tour, there is a range of Port tastings for our visitors to enjoy including a choice of many different aged Tawny Ports, or one of Taylor Fladgate's classic Vintage Ports.
With advance booking, you may also enjoy a private tour and tasting. Whatever your knowledge of Port we can provide you with the right level of tour. Each tour is customised and charged based on each event.
For those interested we also recommend:
• Traditional opening of Taylor Fladgate Vintage Ports with hot tongs;
• A private commented Port tasting with accompaniments
• Different educational experiences such as a Vintage Port Master class or informal lesson in Port cocktails
• Tasting of olive oil from the Douro valley - Quinta de Vargellas extra virgin;
• A visit to our wine shop where you can find the whole range of Taylor Fladgate Ports including charming gift boxes or rare Vintages;
• Tasting by-the-glass of old tawnies;
• Restaurant "Barão de Fladgate” -www.baraofladgate.com, open daily for lunch from 12.30 until 15.30 or for dinner from 19h30 onwards;
• Trying one of our food and wine pairing options during your tasting
• Tapas and Port may also be served on our terrace in the afternoon, weather permitting
Opening Hours during the Year
Cellars: 10h – 18h00 (mon-sun)
Tasting Room and Shop: 10h - 19h30
Restaurant: 12h30 - 15h; 19h30 - 22h30
The audio-guided tour lasts, on average, one hour, with a further 30 minutes required for the Port wine tasting at the end, in the tasting room.
Please note that there’s enough material on the tour for 2 hours if you wish, therefore if you think you would appreciate staying longer for the tour and tasting, then we would suggest that you arrive no later than 3.30 / 4pm.
Christmas and NYE
24 and 31 December - 10h – 18h00 – Tasting room closes at 19h00
25 December - Closed
1 January - 10h – 18h00
Restaurant: 24 December for lunch. 25 December normal hours. 31 December dinner only. 1 January normal hours
Taylor Fladgate Port
Rua do Choupelo, nº 250
4400-088 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
GPS Coordinates: 41.13394, -8.61435
Tel. +351 223 772 973
Fax. +351 223 742 899